Dear God: Is it on purpose that our
names are spelled the same, only in reverse?
Dear God: Why do humans smell the flowers,
but seldom, if ever, smell one another?
Dear God: When we get to Heaven, can we sit
on your couch? Or will it be the same old story?
Dear God: Why are there cars named after
the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang,
the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not ONE
named for a Dog? How often do you
see a cougar riding around in a car? We love a nice car
ride. For example, would it be so hard to change
the ‘Chrysler Eagle’ to the ‘Chrysler Beagle’?
Dear God: If a Dog barks his head off
in the forest and no human hears him,
is he still a bad Dog?
Dear God: We Dogs can understand human
verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles,
horns, clickers, beepers, scent IDs,
electromagnetic energy fields, and Frisbee
flight paths. What do humans understand?
Dear God: More meatballs,
less spaghetti, please.
Dear God: Are there mailmen in Heaven?
If there are, will I have to apologize?
Here is a list of just some of the things I must remember to be a good Dog:
1. I will not eat the cat’s food before he eats
it or after he throws it up.
2. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish,
crabs, etc., just because I like the way they smell.
3. The Litter Box is not a cookie jar.
4. The sofa is not a ‘face towel’.
5. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.
6. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad’s
underwear when he’s on the toilet.
7. Sticking my nose into someone’s
crotch is an unacceptable way of saying ‘hello’.
8. I don’t need to suddenly stand
straight up when I’m under the coffee table.
9. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before
entering the house — not after.
10. I will not come in from outside,
and immediately drag my butt across the carpet.
11. I will not sit in the middle of the living
room, and lick my crotch.
12. The cat is not a ‘squeaky toy’,
so when I play with him and he makes that noise,
it’s usually not a good thing.
P.S. Dear God: When I get to Heaven,
may I have my testicles back?