It’s been a busy month

We don’t have many OB or Rally shows close to me so I was happy to hear one of the local training clubs was hosting an AKC OB/Rally trial 30 minutes from me :).  The weekend before we were able to practice at an AKC sanctioned fun match.

Libby was 1 st in Advanced Rally out of 14 dogs with a qualifying score of 93.  Only 3 dogs qualified.

Ziva was 1st in Novice rally out of 9 dogs with a score of 91.  I think 5 dogs qualified.   She even mostly ignored the dogs in the next ring doing  OB & having way more fun doing jumps.

The next weekend at the AKC show I decided to scratch Ziva as she had some tummy troubles during the week & I didn’t want to risk taking her 🙁  Don’t feel too sorry for her, she spent quality time w/Daddy getting all sorts of sympathy.  That girl knows how to play her poor me cards !!!!

water bottle

Libby was on fire in her Advanced Rally class on Saturday.  It was her kind of course.  It moved along without a lot of boring (to her) halt sit stations.  After our last station, we literally had 3 seconds to walk out of the ring to finish.    She chose then to vomit up all of the tasty treats I had given her to practice and we were disqualified.  The ring steward, a friend of mine, said, she had a score of 99 before the judge had to NQ her.  Fortunately she was fine & I learned that beef liver needs to be given in much smaller quantities and pieces.  I am such an idiot!

Sunday was a dreaded halt sit course.  Last sign was a call to front, finish right and you guessed it, 1 more sit.  She not only did not sit after the finish, but looked at me like I was speaking in a foreign language when I had to tell her to sit.  2/x I muttered to her before I got the worlds longest slow motion sit along with “the look”.   We managed to qualify for her 1st advanced Rally leg with a 89 and 2nd place.

Libby DOTCORNY Rally Advanced2

You have my prize stuffy!

Libby DOTCORNY Rally Advanced

You still have my prize stuffy & I want it

Comments

Julie
February 6, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Congratulations Lisa! Super nice placements!!! What a moaner getting DQ’d at the last few seconds. ughhhh.

Scarlett and Michael
February 6, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Congrats Lisa!
Throwing up is against the rules? Harsh. Ze evil one must have made her sister sick. 🙂

JK
February 7, 2013 at 1:49 am

Congratulations!!! I am so proud of Libby and Ziva, and especially YOU, Lisa!

Certainly a memorable weekend — you managed to get top placements, dog vomit and all. How many people can say that?

February 7, 2013 at 10:24 am

Congratulations! That reminds me of the time that I was doing Dressage with my mom’s Arab/Hackney. We were doing great, but when we passed the exit, she side stepped out, then back in and we were disqualified. We would have won the class. So close! Hope your kids feel better.

josiem
February 7, 2013 at 11:49 am

Congrats!!!!

In PSA if your dog urinates/poop in the field, it’s immediate fail.

Lisa, Libby & Ziva's mom
    February 7, 2013 at 11:55 am

Same in AKC, but I don’t see that Vomit was addressed. Maybe Libby will spark some of the rule updates for 2013 LOL.

I did find out they can and do vomit in the breed rings and it is ok. Go figure

Julie
      February 7, 2013 at 4:36 pm

In the breed ring they can poop and pee and not be excused. I think being excused for vomiting is a grey area. Vomitting is not something you can control. Anyway, the judge called it that way and you can not do anything about it.

Lisa, Libby & Ziva's mom
        February 7, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I knew the judges call was final, but I was worried over Libby really being sick, like Z-Evil, one had been not realizing I was the cause.
        Anyway, this is a great story-the next day I kept hearing people talk about the dog that vomited

Jackie
February 7, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Congratulations!!! That is awesome!

Carole
February 7, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Congratulations to you, Libby & Ziva!

Lynda
February 7, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Congratulations Lisa, Libby and Ziva.
What a shame about Libby throwing up at the very end of your Rally course but it sounds like she had a great run. Also a shame Ziva could not go to the AKC trial but there will be others when she feels better.

Fargo
February 8, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Nice work Lisa, Libby and Ziva…..

So……….did you EVER give her the prize stuffy she worked so hard for??? hmmmm LOL

DuKes’ Ma, Terri

Lisa, Libby & Ziva's mom
    February 9, 2013 at 11:53 am

Yes, she carried the stuffy around while we were at the show, but sadly, the stuffy succumbed to numerous wounds after a vigorous play session with Libby and Ziva a few days later 🙁 The brat always ruins Sweet Libby’s toys

Andrea
February 11, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Congratulations Lisa. I know how much hard work goes into training. What a shame about the “treat” issue. Oh well, you know for next time. 🙂