Collars

For puppies under 4 months I use a regular flat nylon collar, around 4 months I switch to a rolled leather collar so the new  fur is not broken by the nylon.

A link to an article on how to fit a prong collar ( thank you Jennie for the link)

My favorite prong collar, Herm Sprenger Ultra in curogan:

Curogan dog pinch collar - 50004 (3.25mm) ( Made in Germany )

Prongs can be removed or added to fit properly:

Extra Link for Herm Sprenger Curogan Pinch Collar width 3.25 mm

These are also popular because they blend right in with the dogs fur:

Dog pinch collar made in Germany - 50115 (3.0 mm) Steel -Antique Copper plated ( Made in Germany )

Extra links for antique copper pinch collar - 50115(13) 3.00mm

My favorite fur saver collar:

51604(67) This CUROGAN FUR SAVER recommended by VDH member of F.C.I. ( Made in Germany )

German-style show collars:

Bright Show Dog Collar

Check out these handsome collars:

New leather dog collar - Fashion Exclusive Design - "Caterpillar"

Braided leather dog collar 1 inch wide - C47

Royal Nappa Padded Hand Made Leather Dog Collar - Fashion Exclusive Design - code C43

Gorgeous Wide Leather Collar - Fashion Exclusive Design - Special33plates - brown

A good everyday collar as the rolled leather does not break the fur:

30% Discount-NEW 2012 Round leather silent training choke collar - product code c96

Gorgeous Leather Dog Collar - Fashion Exclusive Design - Special25plates

Gorgeous War Dog Leather Dog Collar - C85 (old brass massive plates +2 nickel pyramids)

and of course the collar Roman made famous:

Hand painted by our artists leather dog collar - FLAMES - C79

Comments

Ann K.
May 5, 2012 at 2:38 pm

There are also prong collars with quick-release style buckles, which are very nice for those of us with arthritis or clumsy fingers. Mine have never come undone accidentally, which was not always the case with the regular link fastening.

Carole
May 5, 2012 at 5:45 pm

For those who use a prong for daily walks, etc., here is a link for the prong collar covers. The cover will not interfere with the function of the prong.

Julie
May 5, 2012 at 5:47 pm

A bandana works too.

Julie
May 5, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I had to stop using my quick release prong collar, it came undone at the wrong time too many times.

Lies Rosema
May 5, 2012 at 5:50 pm

If anyone’s interested in one of the cool new BLACK Fursavers, I might want to sell mine. I got a 23″ for Pan and it’s a little smaller than I’d like. It would be good for a female GSD or for a male/female GSD 6-12 months. I already have a larger one I use for SV shows but wanted one for Pan to wear during Schutzhund trials since it’s the required collar. I thought Pan had been wearing a 21″ Fursaver so I ordered a 23″ but I must’ve been wrong. I’d like to sell his new 23″ black and get him the same one a few inches larger. It’s genuine Herm Sprenger, the larger heavy duty links like what dogs wear for Schutzhund training and trials. The black looks really cool!

This is the actual collar

rita
May 5, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Roman is still rockin’ the flame collar two years later! I’m also a big fan of the Sprenger.